Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 16:33:25 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Maxime Henrion <mux@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Subject:   Re: patch to have make clean not recurse in ${PORTSDIR}

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:14:42PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> 	I admire the determination shown by the proponents of this change,
> however, I can't help thinking that you've already spent way more time
> than it's worth. Your time would be better spent improving the existing
> documentation on this issue.

If the behaviour is not changed, this thing will come back every
two months and each time people will try to find a solution for it.
Pointing to a document and saying "you're wrong" is not the right
approach them.

If the behaviour is changed, nobody will complain anymore, nobody
will think 'hmmm... this is wrong' && submit a patch and energy
will be put in more usefull things.

I admit there is more time spend on it than was needed, specially
since it should be such a "you're right on this" change. Have you
read my PR btw? It explains exactly why it is wrong right now.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |           Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |        Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: