Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 15:14:06 +0200
From:      Oliver Schonefeld <oschonef@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        "Daniel.Deremiah" <dandy@shadowware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: an driver and Wild'ing with it.

Hello,

Eines schoenen Tages schrieb Daniel.Deremiah:
> I have a Cisco 340 card.  I have found a good program called Wellenrieter
> that works great on Linux.  Is there anything equivilent in FreeBSD?  I
> have been looking and have not found much.

IIRC some earlier version of Wellenreiter worked with FreeBSD using the
ancontrol command. The interessting features (like scanning for wireless
networks) do not work together with FreeBSD (see Wellenreiter homepage)

The bsd-airtools (http://www.dachb0den.com/) are somthing equivilant, but
unfortunatly do not (yet?) work with Cisco Cards. You need a wireless card
with prism2 chipset.

HTH,
Oliver