Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 21:05:06 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   Doc tagging

Hi folks--

According to the 4.6 release engineering schedule...

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/schedule.html

...the doc tree is scheduled to be tagged around 27 May 2002.  This is
possibly subject to change, since Nik is (I think) still traveling.  At
the last BSDCon, some of us talked about a voluntary doc slush to make
life easier for the translation teams, which would last around a week or
so.  Nothing has been officially sanctioned, but we're almost at that
week (yes, it sort of crept up on us).

I'd like to ask people to remember that as you commit to the en
documents, the translation teams will be busy trying to catch up to you
for the release.  It may be a less-than-ideal time for large
reorganizations or rewrites of documents, or anything that will force
translators to work through large amounts of text.

This doesn't mean "don't work on documentation".  There's plenty of
work that needs to go on at the last minute (sysinstall screenshots,
for instance), and that's fine.

Thanks all...looking forward to us putting together another great
release!

Bruce.

PS.  A plug for my own area:  Comments on the 4.6-RC release
documentation are welcome.