Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 10:55:07 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/doc/psd/02.implement Makefile

Hi all,

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:44:51PM -0700, Greg Lehey wrote:
>   This is only a partial solution; the whole issue of building the
>   documentation needs to be revisited.

Unless I'm reading the sources completely wrong (there's an excellent
chance that I am), these documents are the only thing which require that
we have groff as a buildtool in a make world, and groff is the only thing
which requires that we have a C++ compiler available in buildtools...

Since these documents are (1) mostly out of date, and (2) never change,
should we be building them with the world at all.  Would it not be
better to convert what is still relevant too docbook and add it to the
doc tree?  Or, if we want to keep them for historical interest, convert
them all.

Converting them to docbook would be a good introduction to docbook for
budding doc committers...

Regards,
  -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/