Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 12:59:35 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <crodrigu@bbn.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about Dummynet and Diffserv

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 05:38:57PM -0700, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> No. sbin/ipfw is just the userland command for modifying rules. The
> actual firewall code lives in sys/netinet/ip_fw.{c,h}.

Hi,

I merged from -CURRENT to my -STABLE tree some changes made in October 2000 to
sys/netinet/ip_fw.{c,h} and sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c which add ipfw
filtering based on iptos.

However, from reading the documentation, it seems that only the
older IP TOS precedence values are supported for filtering.
Is it possible to use ipfw to filter based on any Diffserv codepoint value?

This is from the man page:

"             iptos spec
                     Match if the IP header contains the comma separated list
                     of service types specified in spec.  The supported IP
                     types of service are:

                     lowdelay (IPTOS_LOWDELAY), throughput (IPTOS_THROUGHPUT),
                     reliability (IPTOS_RELIABILITY), mincost (IPTOS_MINCOST),
                     congestion (IPTOS_CE).  The absence of a particular type
                     may be denoted with a `'!.
"

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues        Distributed Systems and Logistics, Office 6/304
crodrigu@bbn.com       BBN Technologies, a Verizon company