Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 13:53:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Seeking OK to commit KSE MIII

:having said that,
:In this case the braces in question in ithread_schedule are:
:-               } else
:+               } else {
:                        curthread->td_kse->ke_flags |= KEF_NEEDRESCHED;
:+               }
:
:I tend to always put braces on the else clause if the 'then' clause
:has braces.. it just helps me find the end of the if statement.
:The "if" statement in question was rewritten as part of KSE
:so Adding the braces on the else clause doesn't seem 'out of scope'
:to me.. It's not a tremendous obfuscation, because the clause
:in question needs to be considered to understand the  change..

    I do this too.  My rule for if() statements 'if (exp) stmt1 else stmt2'
    in the FreeBSD codebase is:

    * If <stmt1> or <stmt2> is multi-line, or <exp> is multi-line, then
      braces are used around both statements, period.

      Multi-line means:  multiple lines inclusive of any comments, not just
      the pure C part of it.

  This is wrong:

	if (fubar)
		/*