Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 04:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My postgresql7 not working for new gcc

--- Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> wrote:

> Getting a traceback to both us (FreeBSD) and the
> Postgresql
> developers would be very helpful.

Alfred,

Today, I rebuilt -current & postgresql with latest
cvsup, the core dump did not occurred. However, I
still have to specify WITHOUT_SSL=yes. Otherwise, the
ports stop during configuration as shown below.

===>  Configuring for postgresql-7.2.1_1
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.0
checking which template to use... freebsd
checking whether to build with locale support... yes
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether to build with multibyte character
support... yes, default SQL_ASCII
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of
connections... 32
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
using CFLAGS=-O -pipe -march=pentiumpro
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking whether cc needs -traditional... no
checking whether to build with Tcl... no
checking whether to build with Tk... no
checking whether to build Perl modules... no
checking whether to build Python modules... no
checking whether to build Java/JDBC tools... no
checking whether to build with PAM support... no
building with OpenSSL support
checking whether to build the ODBC driver... no
checking whether to build C++ modules... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  -O -pipe
-march=pentiumpro ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
using CXXFLAGS= -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E
checking for string... yes
checking for namespace std in C++... yes
using CPPFLAGS=  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
using LDFLAGS=  -L/usr/lib
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/libexec/elf/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/elf/ld) is GNU
ld... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for lorder... lorder
checking for tar... /usr/bin/tar
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for readline... yes (-lreadline)
checking for library containing using_history... none
required
checking for main in -lbsd... no
checking for setproctitle in -lutil... yes
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for main in -ldl... no
checking for main in -lsocket... no
checking for main in -lnsl... no
checking for main in -lipc... no
checking for main in -lIPC... no
checking for main in -llc... no
checking for main in -ldld... no
checking for main in -lld... no
checking for main in -lcompat... yes
checking for main in -lBSD... no
checking for main in -lgen... no
checking for main in -lPW... no
checking for main in -lresolv... no
checking for main in -lunix... no
checking for library containing crypt... -lcrypt
checking for __inet_ntoa in -lbind... no
checking for inflate in -lz... yes
checking for library containing fdatasync... no
checking for CRYPTO_new_ex_data in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... yes
checking for crypt.h... no
checking for dld.h... no
checking for endian.h... no
checking for fp_class.h... no
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for ieeefp.h... no
checking for pwd.h... no
checking for sys/ipc.h... no
checking for sys/pstat.h... no
checking for sys/select.h... no
checking for sys/sem.h... no
checking for sys/socket.h... no
checking for sys/shm.h... no
checking for sys/types.h... no
checking for sys/un.h... no
checking for termios.h... no
checking for kernel/OS.h... no
checking for kernel/image.h... no
checking for SupportDefs.h... no
checking for netinet/in.h... no
checking for netinet/tcp.h... no
checking whether string.h and strings.h may both be
included... no
checking for readline/readline.h... no
checking for readline.h... no
checking for readline/history.h... no
checking for history.h... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is
required for OpenSSL