Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:07:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>, <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: projects that need to be done...

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Andrew wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Trish Lynch wrote:
>
> > 	what types of things can be done by people who are generally just
> > learning thier way around some of the code? is there anyone willing to
>
> You could go through the PR database and see if there are any problems
> reported that you could solve. If you can't actually solve it it doesn't
> matter...you're further analysis may be enough to help someone else fix
> it...you could post your results to the mailing list...i.e I was looking
> at PR xxxxx and I found this, this and this. I think the problem is line x
> in x.c but I'm not sure what the correct solution is...
>
> Andrew

Or, if you're so inclined, start working on adding a feature that you find
lacking in FreeBSD.  Mentoring someone is a great idea, but it doesn't end
up working too well in a volunteer project.  Contribution works best when
it's self motivated.

If you can't think of anything to do, Andrew's suggestion of looking
through the PR database is a good one.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack