Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 01:14:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automounting samba shares / pam_mount

Hi -hackers,

I'm currently trying to find out how to automount homedirs via samba when
users log in (via ssh, ftp, telnet,...), and I've found pam_mount, a PAM
module which seems to do the trick under Linux. I've also found that this
module was rejected as a port about one year ago because the code was "too
messy", whatever that means :-)

Although I'm just a beginner in C, and these are my first steps in
"PAM-land", I tried to play with it and see if I can get it to work. Well,
I can't. I can compile it (with a few modifications), but if I add it to
pam.conf and try to login I get "unable to resolve symbol:
pam_am_authenticate" and similar errors in /var/log/messages. I'm not
quite sure how to solve this, so I hope I can get some advice from you.

Or would you rather say that I should forget pam_mount and look for some
other way to automount my samba shares (maybe even write a PAM from
scratch for this purpose)?

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                              eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator                Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)        Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                    http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/