Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:45:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: remove xten from the base system?

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:

> This commit reminds me ... why are we still carrying the xten stuff
> around?

Lots of hysterical raisins in the archives on this. The traditional
reasons it's still around amount to:

1. Some people actually use it.
2. The code has kernel bits (thus it's hard to port, not sure how true
this is).
3. It's easier to keep in synch if it's in the tree, since people will see
it get broken.

Personally I'd like to see the people who care about this code get
together and solve the porting problems. I agree that it has no place in
the tree.

Doug