Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:29:33 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   recent bsd.lib.mk changes

I guess I missed them, but now some of my ports -- which use bsd.lib.mk
-- don't work on -current :-\ and I don't know how to fix them in the
backward-compatible way.

The ports -- such as devel/tcl-memchan, for example, only want to build
and install the shared versions of the libraries.

I used to define INTERNALLIB to avoid building and installing the static
version, but that is now almost reversed -- only the static will be
built and nothing will be installed.

Any suggestions? For now, can we have some sort of flag be put into
the bsd.lib.mk, so the "client" makefile can check for API-version?

Can the future modifications in the share/mk be, please, tested with
ports as well as src builds? Thanks!

	-mi