Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:02:04 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: References to current.FreeBSD.org

--==_Exmh_-548933228P

If memory serves me right, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> I've saw a reference to current.FreeBSD.org while translating
> articles/contributing.  There is already an open PR about this
> (docs/38039), and I think it's a good idea to refer to the
> snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org machines instead of current.FreeBSD.org
> (which is down for a while now).
>
> What do you all think of the following changeset?
> You can also find it at:
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~keramida/diff/for.review/2002-06-23.jp-snap,aa
>
> Let me know what you think... I don't like having broken links in the
> article that explains how people can contribute to FreeBSD, but if you
> have some better idea, then now is the time; please let us all know.

Hi Giorgos--

Any chance you can do this with SGML entities instead, or by a pointer
to someplace in the Handbook that might list multiple servers?  If and
when releng4 and current come back up, it'd be nice to be able to change
the links without having to search the entire doc tree for this stuff.

(I'm contemplating changing the entities used by the -STABLE and
-CURRENT release documentation.)

Thanks,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-548933228P