Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:23:13 -0400
From:      Miroslav Pendev <shadow@CPE0004761ac738-CM00109515bc65.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   The good old telnet...

Hi All!

The discussion for SSH is ... Oh Boy!!! :->
Thank you guys from _core_ for your opinion! I think it is the right!
I am nobody to 'think' 'bout that, but... anyway...

It is NOT good all UNIX OS-es to depend on just one [OpenSSH] 'team'!!!
The SSH is is pretty much on every server in the NET, this team have
'The Power' ... to rules... in case like this. ;-/
And I do not think this is gonna be the latest ssh 'bug', because it is
very attractive target (together with Apache)

I would rather get back to the good old telnet, than waiting for someone
to log in - even with non-privileged user (as Theo said even with privsep).

Which is the worst - clear text pass going around Internet with milions of
POP3 clear text passwords or "c'mon in...?

Please, do not missunderstand me, I would like to use SSH instead of
telnet, but... I am FreeBSD user and I trust in FreeBSD core team, not
somebody else... until the 'patch' is released *when the moon is in capricorn*
telnet may not be such a bad idea ;-)

--Miro