Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:44:26 -0500
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Encoding from bktr

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:27 am, Anish Mistry wrote:
> I want to correct myself.  I just downloaded the latest CVS snapshot of
> mplayer/mencoder yesterday and the bktr->avi capture is NOW fixed.  The=
re
> is a couple problems on my machine.  You have to choose the channel num=
ber
> one above the one that you want to watch to actually get the channel. i=
e. I
> want to watch channel 9, when I call mplayer/mencoder I have to specify
> channel 10.  Also after mencoder exits after recording, it doesn't seem=
> release the /dev/dsp sound device.  I do an lsof | grep /dev/dsp and
> nothing is holding it.  Besides that it seems to work fine.

When trying this I keep getting this error message....

Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDecoder init failed :(
Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x59565955 !

Also when using ffmpeg, I use fxtv to set the channel. Fxtv is up and
 running, and then I run ffmpeg and it complains about /dev/bktr0 being b=
usy.

So I exit out of fxtv and start ffmpeg and then I get nothing but a blue
screen and no video or audio...

Any thoughts?

--
Open source code is like a natural resource, it's the result of providing
food and sunshine to programmers, and then staying out of their way.