Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <kellers@njit.edu>
Subject:   Re: NFS/NIS... arg!

Not "snappy" means palpably slow.  Imagine a shared dialup network
connection with more than one machine attempting downloads.

To be a bit more concrete, I can login via the CLI, but AI have to wait
several seconds before my typed commands echo back on the originating
workstation.  I think I've got some network gremlins to contend with but I
appreciate any input you might have, and thanks for the reply.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT