Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:28:44 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Benjamin Close <cisbjc@cs.unisa.edu.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: apsfilter: driver script 'epsonc' - MORE Progress

On Thursday, 18 July 2002 at 10:08:56 +0930, Brian Astill wrote:
> Ben wrote:
>> Well it shows that your printcap isnt setup to use apsfilter.
>> Brian. What happens when you run the setup for apsfilter? Does it let
>> you select the epsonc driver?
>> /usr/local/share/apsfilter/SETUP
>>
>> This script should setup printcap correctly. Does it?
>
> I think the method has changed?
> Each printer has a directory containing an apsfilterrc, a typical example:
> #
> # don't delete these settings
> #
> PRINTER='epsonc'
> PAPERSIZE='a4'
> METHOD='auto'
> RESOLUTION='default'
>
> #
> # additional configuration follows
> # insert settings as seen in /etc/apsfilter/apsfilterrc
> #
>
> Note that "epsonc" IS mentioned here.  :-)
>
> My guess is that somehow the conection between apsfilter and ghostscrpt
> hasn't been made.  (That could be quite wrong, of course :-(  )

This all looks like a bug in the apsfilter port to me.  I've been
holding off replying here because it would involve me in a significant
amount of effort.  Can we go back to the beginning and ask why you're
using apsfilter and not the standard base system components?  What
printer do you have, and what do you want to do with it?

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.