Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing XFree86 from port - will disrupt clients?

Hi,
	I've had different experiences installing upgrades from ports
while users are using the software. I'm particularly concerned with
XFree86. /usr/X11R6 is being served from a central NFS server and all of
the clients are using X. Will they be disrupted if I do a "make install"
to upgrade XFree86 4.1.0 to 4.2.0? The config files should be the same,
and in any case shouldn't be put in place by the install. But all of the
libraries are going to change out from under a running system.

Paul