Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:47:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   KDE 2.2.2 "active desktop??"

Last post for the day -- It seems to me like KDE 2.2.2's Konqueror browser
is tied tightly to the OS and/or KDE itself (ick eck bleh).  Konq konks out
often and sends the wallpaper all grey/blank, bleeds windows as they are
dragged, and clones a zillion animated cursors one behind the next progeny!

Is the browser tied to any of KDE's components the way that Microsoft had
that "Active Desktop" with webcomponents "stitched" into the wallpaper??

I dread Netscape (nut-scrape) and have heard good things about Opera but am
too lazy to install... I really miss the latest version of IE!

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder