Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:03:30 -0700
From:      George <jirka@5z.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GDM 2.4.0.x & FreeBSD

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 10:25:09PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> George, I just pulled down your latest diffs from CVS, but the problem
> with gdm from /etc/ttys.  I'm still getting the EBADF from slave.c at
> lines 1495 and 1500.

I suppose these are the dup2 lines.  Hmmm, this is very weird, I can't see
why it wouldn't be possible to dup into stdin and stdout.  Perhaps the
solution may be to not use stdin and stdout in this case (it's not neccessary
really, it's just the original design of the beast).

can you try to change this to:

	if (pipe1[1] != STDOUT_FILENO) {
            close (STDOUT_FILENO);
	    dup2 (pipe1[1], STDOUT_FILENO);
	    close (pipe1[1]);
	}

	if (pipe2[0] != STDIN_FILENO)  {
            close (STDIN_FILENO);
	    dup2 (pipe2[0], STDIN_FILENO);
	    close (pipe2[0]);
	}

(Note those if's are just an anality and something I'll get rid of later,
they will always trigger)

Perhaps we can't dup into those original fd's, though dup2 should do the
close for us.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.