Date:      11 Aug 2002 21:21:10 +0900
From:      NIIMI Satoshi <sa2c@sa2c.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41300: textproc/scrollkeeper should have BUILD_DEPENDS for textproc/docbook-xml

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> scrollkeeper indirectly depends on docbook-xml for building.  This is done
> via the explicit dependency on docbook-xsl.  If you do a make build-depends
> from the scrollkeeper directory on a machine without scrollkeeper, docbook-xml
> is properly built and installed.

This PR was not correct.  I confirmed that if "pkg_delete -r
docbook-xml-4.1.2_1" and remove /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog
file, this port can be installed without any problems.

> If you find another port creating a /usr/local/share/xml/catalog file (and
> that port doesn't depend on docbook-xml), this might interfere with the
> docbook-xml dependency, and that maintainer should be contacted.

Although scrollkeeper adds some entries in
/usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog file, it does not remove these
entries when deinstalling.

I think this is the reason why /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog
file still exists after "pkg_delete -r docbook-xml-4.1.2_1".

--
NIIMI Satoshi