Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:07:23 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The file just loaded does not appear to be executable

Apparently, On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 03:57:10PM +0300,
	Evren Yurtesen said words to the effect of;

> Hi
> I have gone through the installation procedure from CD and rebooted
> my ultra10 and I get this error message only. I believe there is a
> problem about boot block but I am not able to determine whats wrong.
>
> The file just loaded does not appear to be executable
>
> I tried from CD again and issued disklabel -B but it didnt
> help.
>
> I am able to mount the root filesystem and /usr and /var normally from
> cdrom though. My root filesystem is ad0a
>
> any suggestions about what to try?

Not really.  This Shouldn't Happen (tm) unless the bootblock is
corrupted on the cd or something.  This is just a stock ultra 10
with an ide drive on the onboard controller?  You might try
downloading the tarball distribution and comparing the md5 with
the boot1 in that.

I put the boot1 from my machine up on freefall, you can try
installing that one with disklabel -B again; its from recent
-current but that shouldn't make a difference.
(http://people.freebsd.org/~jake/boot1)

Hope this helps,
Jake