Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:51:08 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munkboxen.mine.nu>
To:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS Registration in UK

Hi all,

Firstly apologies for the slightly OT subject matter; in general I find
the replies on this list to be most helpful and relatively flame free
(ducks) and do hope someone can advise - not sure where else to ask
about this issue.

Can anyone in the UK reading this list recommend a specific DNS
registrar in the UK for reliability, ease of transfer of domains,
management of DNS (small scale for now, but do want to be able to
control DNS)? I'm currently reading over 'godaddy.com' who I've heard
are reliable, well organized and easy to use, but am wondering if
somewhere in UK exists on a par with them before 'signing up'.

I've recently been stung (it appears so far if lack of mail response
is anything to go by) by 'oneandone.co.uk', a front-end for the
German registrar 'schlund.de'.  Attempting to have authority for the
domain delegated to my own name servers is proving hard with them:

oneandone - we can't do it, talk to shclund
schlund - we can't do it talk to oneandone

etc etc

Much obliged for any info/headsup on pitfalls to avoid that anyone can
provide.

Best regards,
Jez Hancock