Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:53:47 -0700
From:      David Olbersen <dave@slickness.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports are insecure?

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

I read (in this list I think) that somebody was of the opinion that
every port installed decreases the security of a machine.

How exactly does that work? Is this based in the idea that nearly
anybody can contribute a port, but the core system is reviewed by a
team?

And, if I'm to believe this and limit my use of ports, doesn't that mean
I'll be doing a lot of build-worlding to update specific applications?

I'm probably just not understanding all the upgrade paths. Could
somebody help me understand?

--=20
Dave

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe