Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:55:35 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB slowdown on recent -current

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:46:25PM -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> Replying to myself and -current. Strange, but commenting out
>
> #define USB_USE_SOFTINTR
>
> in /sys/dev/usb_ports.h fixed my problem. USB device back to
> full speed and now i'm getting solid ~60 KBytes/sec.
>
> Note: this is _the_only_ change i made. the rest of the
> code has not been changed.
>
> Hmmm.... Anyone care to comment?

That's interesting and was going to be my suggestion.
Unfortunately there's a nasty bug in there without that defined, which
I've not managed to track down yet.  If you come across it please let
me know privately and we'll try and nail it.  It manifests itself as the
bus hanging after a device has been unplugged.

Joe
--
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert