Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:26:00 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
Cc:        Lord Raiden <dragoncrest@voyager.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wierd mail message crashing mail program

In the last episode (Aug 31), Jack L. Stone said:
> At 01:54 PM 8.31.2002 -0400, Lord Raiden wrote:
> >	Hi.  Just a quick question.  Has anyone got any mail from:
> >hyun10310@kornet.net?
> >
> >	I keep getting a message that comes through the freebsd mailing
> >list that has all the typical header info, gets down to the From and
> >To, but after it gets to To: it immediately restarts with the From
> >???@??? and the date on the same line causing unbelievable confusion
> >to my mail program and crashing it.
> >
> >	Anyone ever seen this before?  I'm using Eudora on Win98 (ok,
> >so it's not a freebsd question, but the message doing this is coming
> >to me via this list) and it doesn't do it all the time, but it does
> >to it enough to be a pain.  Any suggestions?
>
> Yes, it's crashing my Eudora email program too. Several times over
> the past week.... have kornet.net blocked, but this sneaks through
> anyway.... kernet seesm to be malicious.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your Eudora;  It looks like a standard
multipart-alternative message to me.  There are charset escapes in the To:
and From: headers, which eudora might not know how to process.  The
text/plain and text/html mime blocks are also base-64 encoded, but
Eudora should be able to handle them just fine.

From: =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?vLy9ur+1vu4=?= <hyun10310@kornet.net>
Subject: =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?W7GksO1dIGZyZWVic2QtaGFja2Vyc7TUIL7Is+fHz7y8v+Q/ILfOurjGrsfSuK7AxyC807y6v7W+7rrxuf0gsPiwsyEguau34bv5x8MgVEFQRcC7ILq4s7u15biztM+02SE=?=

You can get the message at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=44709+0+current/freebsd-hackers

--