Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:20:25 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@regency.nsu.ru>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   New FTP and WWW mirror in Siberia, Russia

Hello!

Since there were no FTP nor WWW mirror in Siberia and Far East of Russia
for a far too long time, and users demanded them, we (speaking as of
Novosibirsk State University FreeBSD team) now host full FTP and WWW
mirrors (in addition to cvsup one, already).

Both resources were heavily tested for completeness and availability,
and we think it should be appropriate to get CNAMEs and new mirrors news
announcement.

As for CNAMEs, we used to have ftp4.ru.freebsd.org one, which was
temporarily linked to primary FTP server in Russia (ftp.gamma.ru) since
we were unable to offer packages due to lack of disk storage space.
Since currently we maintain full mirror, we would really appreciate if we
could get ftp4.ru back (or any lesser number available).  As for WWW
mirror, it seems that next free one is www5.ru.  Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely,
Novosibirsk State University FreeBSD team