Date:      Fri, 06 Sep 2002 21:46:07 +0900
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHA39260

Dear Listers,

I have been feeling annoyed by the following funny phenomenon.
I am using Iwill DP400 dual xeon boxes and 4.6.2R.
On one of them, I installed Adaptec 39260 dual u160 channel 64bit
scsi card to 64bit PCI slot, and attatch one disk to each channel.
When I invoked
 `make buildworld', it takes about 50 min,
while, on other FreeBSD boxes with the same motherboard and cpus,
Adaptec 29160 64bit scsi card (to 64bitslot) and one LVD HDD,
it takes only 28 min.

Could some kind souls explain why dual channel scsi runs slower
than single channel on 64bit slots?

Thanks in advance.

Yoriaki Fujimori