Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:56:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, <cvs-all@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/linux-mozilla Makefile

> > Why?  It doesn't install from RPMs.
>
> That isn't what USE_LINUX says.  USE_LINUX is simply:
> RUN_DEPENDS+= ${LINUXBASE}/etc/redhat-release:${PORTSDIR}/emulators/linux_base

I see.  Somehow I had thought USE_LINUX implied USE_LINUX_PREFIX, but it's
the other way around.

> which accomplish the same as your explicit
> RUN_DEPENDS= ${LINUXBASE}/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk

This is not the same thing.  Mozilla needs GTK+.  The emulators/linux_base
7.1 port does not contain GTK+.  The GTK+ for linux_base 7.1 is in the
x11-toolkits/linux-gtk port.  The linux_base-6 port does contain GTK+,
which I added yesterday.  Therefore, if the user has installed the
linux_base-6 port, the dependency will be satisfied.  If the user has
installed the linux_base 7.1 port but not linux-gtk, the latter will be
brought in by the dependency.  If the user has none of those installed,
linux_base 7.1 and linux-gtk will get installed, which is not ideal
because linux_base-6 is needed by the Java plugin.  I suppose I'll add an
explicit dependency on linux_base-6 which can also be satisfied by
linux_base 7.1.
--
Trevor Johnson