Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:31:14 +0200
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <fb-net@psconsult.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Token Ring - Ethernet bridge

Hi All,

During migration from token ring to ethernet one of my customers needs
to internetwork the two.  They are running both IP and IPX protocols
and so the easiest way would be to bridge the two.

FreeBSD still has the oltr token-ring driver (no manpage however)
and FreeBSD has bridge(4) and ng_bridge(4) so I'd like to give it a
try if there's any chance of success.  However, both bridge(4) and
ng_bridge(4) manual pages only talk about ethernet bridging.

Hence the simple question:

  Is there any chance I can use FreeBSD as a bridge between
  token-ring and ethernet or will I be wasting my time trying
  to get the thing to work.

PS. Before I can try there are some logistics involved in getting
    all hardware and myself to the customer site so any advise (even
    negative) is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld