Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:17:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      attila! <attila@hun.org>
To:        FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TekRam 395U[W] series SCSI controllers for CURRENT

    The price is right on the 395U[W]: $41/52 and it is
    their newer series which uses a "TekRam 1040" chip.
    Has anyone used it on CURRENT --and is it supported?

    TekRam is an assembly house not a fab shop --is the chip
    the same as the ISC 1040? and covered under the 'isc'
    driver?  --or under the 'amd' driver?

    BTW, I'm planning to use it as a third SCSI controller
    for CDROM, DVD-RAM, ZIP, etc on the Tyan SMP which has a
    3COM dual NIC controller so I can use both xl devices
    for 160 MB bus operations.

    thanx!