Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/42870: mozilla-devel should be updated to 1.2a

The following reply was made to PR ports/42870; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To: Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:28:27 -0700

 --On Tuesday, September 17, 2002 03:01:09 PM +0200 Ernst de Haan
 <znerd@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

 >> Number:         42870
 >> Category:       ports
 >> Synopsis:       mozilla-devel should be updated to 1.2a

 That would leave us with no port for the latest Mozilla Release version.
 We should have three sets of ports:

 	mozilla-vendor-stable*
 		currently 1.0.1
 		For ports/developers who need bugfixes only

 	mozilla-release*
 		currently 1.1
 		For those who want the latest stable enhancement set

 	mozilla-dev*
 		currently 1.2a
 		For those who want to test alpha/beta releases or get
 		an early start on adapting their mozilla-dependant port
 		to the upcomming release.

 Personally, I think mozilla-release deserves the 'mozilla' label; but
 I know some people think that belongs to mozilla-vendor-stable.  Probably
 not worth arguing over...

 -Pat