Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:12:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tcp question.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > Also, is C really a FreeBSD box?  I didn't think we used window sizes
> > of 24K.
>
> No C is Solaris
> A and B are FreeBSD 4.4+patch

Ah, that explains it.  Yeah, there was a thread about this on -stable in
the last month.  Solaris is deferring acks, which is seriously broken.
You're going to need to fix this by turning off Solaris's deferred acks
option.  (Find the thread, it was talking about poor NFS performance or
something.)

Either that, or we're going to need to somehow redo our stack to account
for Solaris... which I'm sure would cause problems with _everything_ else.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack