Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tool make ordering, or something

There is a 't' modifier to a format in bin/sh that just crept in;
it prevents a cross buildworld under stable without NO_WERROR.

Perhaps the compiler+libc needs to be built first?  (and does sh
need to be a build tool; I'd hope the make scripts stuck to a
fairly least-common-denominator shell syntax?)

I've also had breakage in parts of usr.bin that use rpc's; this
isn't a warning so stops the world.

I see that each of these has been caught already...

I need to cross-build at the moment since my vaio R505E won't boot
current still (now doesn't probe devices at all if I disable
acpi, and hangs after "trying /sbin/init" if I use acpi.  It
also (still) can't route a few interrupts (psm0!!))

-- Pete