Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 06:33:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvs commit: src/sys/cam/scsi scsi_cd.c

phk         2002/10/04 06:33:31 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/cam/scsi         scsi_cd.c
  Log:
  Unhook the SCSI CD driver from the disk "mini-layer" and/or GEOM.

  SCSI disks are too square pegs for the round holes in both of these.

  And since atapi-cd has clearly shown that there are better acccess
  models for CD media than trying to pretend to be a classical disk,
  we stop the masquerade rather than patch up the costume.

  But do implement the DIOCGMEDIASIZE and DIOCGSECTORSIZE so it will
  be possible to manually attach to GEOM, should some the need arise.

  Ideally, this driver should do media-detection and call make_dev()
  when a CD is inserted and destroy_dev() when it is removed, this
  would allow our future devd(8) to automount etc etc but coding that
  takes SCSI-clue beyond anything I posses.

  Tested on:      sparc64

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.62      +23 -117   src/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_cd.c