Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:12:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (3) about @XX.freebsd.org email account policies...???

There was a question in one of the mailing lists some time ago
(I think it was on the questions list).  Someone asked for a
mail alias or forward @freebsd.org.  It was purely for vanity
reasons, obviously.  The answer was "no", of course, and that
only those people get an account (and email) there who require
it for strictly _technical_ reasons, such as comitters,
maintainers of the actual hardware, and people who have to be
contactable through aliases like postmaster@, hostmaster@,
webmaster@ etc.

I think that was a pretty clear explanation, and I don't see
a reason why the same policy shouldn't be adopted for subdomains
xx.freebsd.org as well.

Regards
   Oliver