Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 01:44:54 -0800
From:      nyingelay <nyingelay@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Printer Problem

Printer:=09Epson Stylus C40UX (usb)
OS:=09=09FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
It is the only printer attached to my computer via usb.

When I tried to "lpr filename", the printer responded to it for awhile by=
=20
moving its cartridge holder, but nothing got actually printed.  That was=20
after I rebooted the PC.  For the second time when I tried to "lpr filena=
me",=20
there were no responses from the printer at all.  After each reboots, the=
=20
printer acknowledges the commands for once only, and just sits there idle=
=2E

I have followed the directions under the title "Printing" in the FreeBSD=20
Handbook, and of course, replacing the "lp0" as "ulpt0".  Here's the outp=
ut=20
that I get:
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
bash-2.05b$ dmesg | grep ulpt0
ulpt0: EPSON USB Printer, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

So, this means that the OS already acked the printer.  Am I right?  But i=
t=20
still does not print.  Does it have to do with that PostScript thing?

Please help me out with this problem guys!  Thanks!!!