Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:47:18 +0100
From:      Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla port doesn't compile on FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE

Hi,

I'm running 4.7-RELEASE, and can't get the www/mozilla or www/mozilla-devel
ports compiled. It always gives me a segmentation fault or a bus error (using
system gcc or gcc31 from ports, respectively) when running some programs at
the end.

This is the result of running 'make CC=gcc31 CXX=g++31' from
www/mozilla-devel:

gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla'
/usr/bin/sed -e "s;@PREFIX@;/usr/X11R6;g"
/shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/files/mozilla.sh
>/shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla/mozilla-devel
(cd /shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla/dist/bin;  /usr/bin/env
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regxpcom;  /usr/bin/env
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regchrome;  /usr/bin/touch
./chrome/user-skins.rdf ./chrome/user-locales.rdf)
Bus error (core dumped)
*** Error code 138

Stop in /shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel.

As said, I have the same problem with the system GCC. I remember seeing this
problem before on -CURRENT. Is there an easy solution for this problem?

Please note that as I'm not subscribed to the list, a CC to my address would
be very helpful.

Arjan