Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:09:51 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How flexible _is_ the use of ports?

The lastest rev of my desktop, I committed to the use of ports to
introduce software to the system.  I'm quite impressed with the
amount of work that people have put into this; it does quite a bit
for me.

I had a recent hard crash (which I rebooted from successfully)
revealed some misbehavior on Mozilla's port.  No biggie, I said,
I'll just reinstall it from ports.

This didn't clear up my problem; seemingly the issue is not with
Mozilla, but with one of the build- or run-dependancies.

Is there a way to ask a port, and all of it's dependancies (and
theirs, recursively) to be reinstalled, while honoring FORCE_PKG_REGISTER?

The try-one-at-a-time method is _quite_ tiring...

Oh, this under 4.5-RELEASE, FWIW...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842