Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:37:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joe Verba <jverba_1965@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SUPPORTED HARDWARE

Here is my problem:  I have an HP NetServer LC that I
cannot get FreeBSD to recognize the CD-ROM (it is a
Toshiba), the SCSI adapter is an AIC-7770.  I have
purchased the FreeBSD book and have tried the
following:
increased the SCSI settling time to 30 secs (as per
the book), moved the SCSI id from 2 to 5, moved the
device on the SCSI cable.  When I do a dmesg the
CD-ROM appears to be recognized, but it states the
media cannot be read (there is a cd in the tray).
What do you need from me to help me with this?

thanks

Joe