Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:30:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Cc:        nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GEOM/libdisk problem on pc98

In message: <99083.1036398850@critter.freebsd.dk>
            Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20021104.170202.85350015.nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>, Takahashi Yoshihiro
: writes:
: >The test program for libdisk is a failure in pc98 disks.
: >
: >I wonder at why pc98 disks don't have their type ('ty') in the result
: >of kern.geom.conftxt, but i386 disks have.
:
: I still have practically no documentation of the PC98 format and no
: hardware I can test on, so I am pretty unable to do anything sane.

I have translated some Japanese docs that I was able to find, through
the kind assistance of kawanobe-san.  I took a trip to the local
technical library, but the articles he pointed me at were unavailable.
I'll be happy to continue to translate docs that help explain the
format.

Warner