Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:44:23 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Autoconf 2.54

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:59:07AM +0100, Paul Everlund wrote:
>Hi!
>
>As you are the maintainer of this port, do you know how long it will
>be broken?

Until I get time to do automake-1.7.whatthefuckever and it, and it's not
that simple munging the info entries, etc.

You still will have no (easy) way to tell your port to use it in
port makefile until a change that I just made to the bsd.port.mk file
gets put back in (in a modified form, most likely) as the builder of the
DP2 ports was having some autoconf/automake related problems (which may
or may not have been related to the patch) and reverted the commit.

So as to port availablity, I'd guess a week or two, mod kde issues,
since 3.1 is on its way or out now, and maybe 2-6 weeks for any kind of
support in bsd.port.mk, if everything goes nicelyi (although it did
take several months to get the patch in initially, I don't think it will
be that long this time).

>I just wonder out of curiousity, as the port I maintain are using new
>autoconf, automake and libtool versions.

The bottom line on it is, don't hold your breath. You'll turn blue and
pass out.

As for libtool, I don't maintain that, but I think I will grab it, but
I'd expect any support for a new libtool to be a couple of months off.

Sorry.
--
Alan Eldridge
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, seeking new employment.