Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:47:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Andrew P. Lentvorski" <bsder@mail.allcaps.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <alfred@FreeBSD.org>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rpc.lockd problems

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Yes, and I have no problems interoperating NFS under 4.x between these
> machines (or under 5.0 as long as I don't try and lock any files) -
> it's just 5.0's rpc.lockd.

Can you help isolate the problem by trying this same operation from a
Solaris NFS client?  I'm actually happy to get bug reports about rpc.lockd
as it means that someone is actually using my code.  However, after having
rewritten and debugged the FreeBSD rpc.lockd, I have no desire to debug
the Linux one. ;)

I believe that Linux client, at least, requires special patches to make
its NFS properly compliant (it's not part of the main kernel tree).  I
don't track Linux enough to know if the server also requires something
similar.

See the talk from Connectathon 2002:
http://www.connectathon.org/talks02/trond.pdf

As well as the NFS patches at: