Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:25:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Kraemer <brian@etchings.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cc1 error

Hello,

I just upgraded from 4.7-RC to 4.7-STABLE as of today's sources. The
upgrade went smoothly until I did an installworld. After that, my compiler
stopped working. I get the following error on anything I try to compile:

  $ cat test.c
  int     main(void) { return (0); }

  $ cc test.c
  cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

I looked around on the mailing list archives for similar problems and
found that most cases of this particular error are caused by bad hardware.
However, I do not believe I have bad hardware since I was able to actually
compile my system and kernel and those appear to be working just fine.

My system is usable, it's just that I cannot compile anything new. Does
anyone have an idea as to what is going on and how to fix it?

I'm not subscribed to -questions, so please CC me on responses.

-Brian