Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:09:26 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Undefined symbol "__stderrp" may be re:__stdiooutp

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 at 16:20:28 -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20021114213525.GA79840@freebsd.tekrealm.net>
>             Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net> writes:
> :
> : I am running a recent -stable (built yesterday matter of fact). and am
> : getting:
> :
> : # uvscan
> : /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libm.so.2: Undefined symbol
> : "__stderrp"
> :
> : I have rebuilt world and uvscan as of 15 mins ago (cvsup'd again) and am
> : still having the same issues..
> : i may be missing something, but can someone conferm this?
>
> Update your libc.so.3.  This was recently MFC'd from current into
> stable.  You need COMPAT3X=YES in your /etc/make.conf.
>
> Warner

I had that in one box, It didnt seem to help, I went in and made clean,
then rebuilt world and it fixed it. The second was using compat3 from
ports, which hasnt been updated yet (as you probably already know) and i
added it and made world.. all good.. thanks

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net

She liked him; he was a man of many qualities, even if most of them
were bad.