Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:02:20 +0200
From:      Alex Popa <razor@ldc.ro>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Policy question for cvsup mirrors

A certain host is accessing my mirror hourly.  The owner of the host has
not requested permission, and the machine is not an official mirror, as
far as I can see.

Another problem is that I get my updates from cvsup-master once every
two hours, and so every other update he makes is useless.

The host name configured on his machine does not match a real hostname,
and the ip address does not resolve, so I am almost out of options of
contacting the admin (except mailing his ISP).

What would be the recommended course of action?  I can deny access to
the cvsup server, or just allow it further access, since the machine is
not currently very loaded.

Thank you

Alex
cvsup.ro / www2.ro admin