Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:45:24 +0100
From:      Bartlomiej Butyn <butyn@milc.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.7 and shapeing bridge

Hi.
I'm trying to configure shapeing bridge on FreeBSD and I have problems
with putting packets to pipe with ipfw. My configuration is:

%uname -a
FreeBSD bridge1.milc.com.pl 4.7-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p2 #0:
Fri Dec  6 13:31:37 CET 2002
root@bridge1.milc.com.pl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

cvsuped about 2 hours ago. I'm configuring test pipes with:

bridge1# ipfw pipe 1 config bw 64Kbit/s
bridge1# ipfw pipe 2 config bw 64Kbit/s
bridge1# ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any out recv rl0 xmit vr0
bridge1# ipfw add pipe 2 ip from any to any out recv vr0 xmit rl0

then, I make some nettwork traffic going throught that bridge, and:

bridge1# ipfw show
00100    0      0 pipe 1 ip from any to any out recv rl0 xmit vr0
00200    0      0 pipe 2 ip from any to any out recv vr0 xmit rl0
65535 2626 283073 allow ip from any to any

Can you explain me why didn't any packet match rules 100 and 200?
Measured network traffic is about 7Mbit/s. (that's because there is
HUB between vr0 and test host), but why this bridge does not shapeing
any traffic?

Because I'm new on this list I don't know that I gave you all
informations needed to answer to me. If not, tell me and I'll give you more
with plaesure.
TIA.

--
Bartłomiej Butyn aka Yoss
Nie ma tego złego co by na gorsze nie wyszło.