Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:10:32 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        re-builders@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ia64 RC1 finished

Gang,

I finished RC1 for ia64 and uploaded it to ~marcel/5.0-RC1 on
ftp-master. A test install showed that the known problems with
sysinstall on ia64 have been resolved and that the UFS2 support
works well.

There are no docs yet. All the required ports were built, but
ghostscript dumped core. I'll check it out. I also skipped ports
for now. It's the intention to have both with RC2. I already
started to send patches to ports maintainers.

Another action item is that I want sysinstall to either create
an EFI partition or check that one exists. We depend on it and
it's too easy to forget.

I'll try to continue to run releases from now so that process
problems are identified sooner rather than later and also to
try to get docs and ports working.

I'll await further instructions...

FYI,