Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:00:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, <cvs-all@FreeBSD.org>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/emulators/linux_base Makefile distinfo.alpha distinfo.i386 pkg-plist.i386

> marcel      2002/12/02 22:27:50 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     emulators/linux_base Makefile distinfo.alpha distinfo.i386
>                          pkg-plist.i386
>   Log:
>   Fix both alpha and i386. The major change is that glibc has been
>   updated.
>
>   Reviewed by: kris
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.69      +7 -8      ports/emulators/linux_base/Makefile
>   1.8       +2 -3      ports/emulators/linux_base/distinfo.alpha
>   1.6       +4 -5      ports/emulators/linux_base/distinfo.i386
>   1.10      +0 -2      ports/emulators/linux_base/pkg-plist.i386
>
> <URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/linux_base/distinfo.alpha.diff?&r1=1.7&r2=1.8&f=u>;
> <URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/linux_base/distinfo.i386.diff?&r1=1.5&r2=1.6&f=u>;

In the previous revisions of these files, I explained:

	The redhat-release-7.1-1.noarch.rpm from Red Hat 7.1/Alpha has a
	different MD5 hash from the corresponding package from 7.1/i386.
	The contained etc/redhat-release files have the same contents but
	different time stamps.  By having both hashes in both distinfo
	files, installation can proceed for users who share the same
	distfile cache for both architectures.

Please explain why you backed out my changes.  If there is no reason, then
please back out your changes.
--
Trevor Johnson