Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:35:54 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        bryan cassidy <bsdsys@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: once last try

# bsdsys@yahoo.com / 2002-12-23 03:23:36 -0800:
> OK. I have tried unsuscribing to this mailing list and
> re-subscribing to it and then sending e-mails to it to
> test but my e-mails never make it. I know this e-mail
> will make it to the list but this account is not the
> one im having problems with. I'm having problems with
> my POP account. if someone could help me figure out
> what the problem is i would appreciate it. I dont get
> any error messages back either when i try to send
> e-mails to this list from my POP account.

    The freebsd.org MTA is somewhat anal about the properties of the
    other side of the SMTP connection. The name sent in EHLO/HELO must
    resolve to the address of the host, and its IP address must resolve
    to that name. This is a very successful anti-spam measure. It
    unfortunately also causes some collateral damage.