Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:26:05 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dstumbler crashes freebsd

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Hi, so I'll be at the airport for a good few hours tomorrow so I think I'm
going to use Boingo or something like that to get online. Obviously FreeBSD
or Linux aren't officially supported. But I guess all I need is a tool to
scan for SSIDs. Right now I can do `wicontrol -L` as root and I think it
detects APs. I also tried dstumbler when it was mentioned on this list last
week, but for some reason when I tried it today, like with `sudo dstumbler
wi0`, it just crashes my laptop. I was playing with ifconfig and wicontrol
and it crashed my laptop also.

so i guess my question is, has anybody used one of those public Wi-Fi netwo=
rk
before here? and anybody else having problems with dstumbler with wi0 (i ha=
ve
a linksys wpc11 pc card)... ??

I think wi should detects APs and choose one for me, coz when I first setup
my laptop, I didn't even have to specify an SSID and it just picked it up...

thanks!

/ayn
--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9BFC594C
fingerprint : 46a1 29ff 893a 0381 dc81  1e1e bed8 e882 9bfc 594c=20

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--